What is leadership and management coaching?
Coaching is recognised as a highly impactful intervention to support you and your leadership team to enhance your skills, achieve performance improvement and maximise your potential to become the leader you want to be. As a result, through coaching, you can achieve greater confidence to fulfil your role to a higher level, thus enhancing your business or team success.
The Institute of Leadership and Management reported in 2015, “95% of learning and development managers say that coaching has delivered tangible benefits to their business.”
Your coach will work with you on a collaborative basis and, through listening, questioning and reflection, will support you in finding opportunities for change.
There are a number of benefits to coaching which include:
- Deeper learning about yourself and how you are perceived.
- Awareness of the internal obstacles that hold you back.
- Space to hear your own voice – to talk something through and gain perspective.
- Clarity on your values and what you stand for.
- Ideas for ways to improve that you may not see.
- Support for improving specific skills including communication, delegation, conflict management, team building and persuasion.